Here are some of those findings:
- Western Europe is the most depressed region of the world. They have a net hope score of -23
- Africans, on the other hand, live on the happiest continent with a net hope score of a whopping 67, suggesting that wealth and material goods are not the key to happiness. The comparative levels of unrest in the two regions make this all the more astounding.
- Of the G7 countries, only Germany manages to get a score above 0. Their score of 3 is 61 more than the most depressed G7 country. More on this later.
- Afghans, with a score of 24, are a lot more happy than Americans with their measly -9. The USA heads the income per capita ranking of nations with 46.730 $. Afghanistan occupies the 52nd place on this list with 1.500 $. That is roughly 1/31 of the USA.
- The happiest country in the world is Nigeria with a score of 70. This is despite them being the fifth poorest country in the survey.
- The most depressed country in the world is...
|The further to the right, the richer.|
The further up, the happier.
Pictures: 1, 2.